Dr Kathy Gruver on Alternative Medicine Joins the Dash

Dr. Kathy GruverDr. Kathy Gruver, author of the new book Body/Mind Therapies for the body worker, host of the national TV series, the alternative medicine cabinet OTV (Oasis Television Network) and  author of the IndyExcellence Finalist, The Alternative Medicine Cabinet.  She has also been on Lifetime Television’s The Balancing Act.  Dr. Gruver is a natural health speaker, author, educator, and practitioner.  Dr. Kathy Gruver is inspiring you to have better health, body, mind and spirit.  Dr. Kathy joined the Dash Radio 4/1/13 to discuss how to make changes in your diet, how Kathy lives her alternative nutritional lifestyle and how she came about to become the women she is today.

Listen to Kathy Gruver: Stressless Success

Dr. Kathy Gruver has a PhD in Natural Health and studied myopathy.  She also takes 10-15 online classes through Harvard. Kathy started out as an actress and was majoring in theater.  As a child, Kathy had a parallel interest in biology and medicine. Kathy was always the one to do massages for the family and everyone came up with physical ailments.  One day while on set performing a show, a woman came back stage and began to do massages on the actors.  After several days of watching,  the woman asked Kathy  if she could work on someone.  Reluctantly, Kathy said yes,  and much to her surprise found she was actually good; that moment started Kathy’s career in alternative medicine and healing.

Kathy recommends that you find what works for you.  Just because someone recommends that you run, (and you hate running) why not try dancing?   It is not about the act of exercising, it’s about getting healthy  and doing physical activities that make you happy and does’t turn into something you begin to resent.   It is paramount that you begin to cut out anything in your diet that contains ingredients that you cannot pronounce.  Kathy applies the 80/20 rule to her diet.  80% of the time,  eat the best that you can and the other 20% you “cheat” in the best way possible.  Dr. Kathy has in-and-out burger every other week.  One size does not fit all in the health industry, you must experiment and find what works best for you.  For some it is to become a vegetarian, others to eat gluten-free.  Listen to your body and respond appropriately.

So, without revealing too much more of the juicy details shared by Dr. Kathy Gruver on the Dash Radio, listen to the recording above and then take the time to purchase one or more of Dr. Kathy’s books on alternative medicine.

The Alternative Medicine Cabinet

Body Mind Therapies for the Bodyworker and Other Health Professionals

Leave a Reply